For those who know me best know I can get into my phases of being healthy. Lately I have been back on the routine of drinking Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) first thing in the morning to get my digestive system going. For some individuals, ACV is pretty potent so it does take a little getting used to but trust me, the benefits are worth it and soon your body will be craving more.
Here some of the Benefits:
- Promotes digestion by strengthening stomach acid.
- Encourages the growth of healthy bacteria within your body.
- May help improve bowel irregularity and helps to remove toxins from the body.
- Helps maintain proper pH levels for a healthy alkaline state (Important for us coffee and wine drinkers).
- High in enzymes, minerals and potassium which can help slow down the aging of your skin.
- Clears acne and other skin problems.
- Helps reduce sinus infections and sore throats.
- Used for centuries as a natural weight loss remedy.
It is important that you only use “Raw” and “Unfiltered” ACV since it has the ‘mother’ of the vinegar. Just like Kombucha, the ‘mother’ is made up of strand-like enzymes of connected protein molecules with living nutrients and bacteria.
I recommend that everyone drink at least 1-2 tablespoons ACV diluted in water daily. You can also add a splash of fruit juice, honey or stevia to the ACV to help make it more “drinkable.” Here’s an Elixir recipe to get you going in the morning:
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar Elixir:
- 1 1/2 cups of cold water
- 2 tbs of Apple or Grape juice
- 2 tbs of Raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of Stevia (powdered) if using liquid you only need a few drops.
Place all the ingredients together in a glass and stir until it is all mixed together. You can add a little ice if you like, and drink!